Monday 26 October 2015

CURRENT MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE - MOISTURISING STEPS




It's not often I write about skincare, reason being generally it takes a lot longer to form a genuine opinion on skincare than makeup products. But these days, it dawned on me that I'm quite happy with the stash that is in my vanity cupboard so I thought why not dedicate a couple of posts about them.

I am still enjoying using my Kanebo Cleansing Cream which is so effective in using it as a deep cleanse and a quick cleanse together with a flannel.

I would normally spray a quick sprit of the Caudal Beauty Elixir which is my absolute all time favourite beauty product, I have lost count in how many bottles I have already gone through.  I wasn't aware this can be used as a makeup setting spray so this is what I have been using it lately (the result is still yet to observe).  I love the scent of this product, it's strong and I have to say it's not everyone's taste but it is my go-to pick-me-up essential.

Then I would apply the Bio-essence Birds Nest Bio-Energy Firm and Brighten Eye Cream to tackle those puffiness and dark circle in that under eye areas.  It's a light gel formulation which is so easily absorbed by those delicate undereye areas.  I wouldn't go as far as saying they have successfully gotten rid of the puffiness and dark circles but I noticed that these two annoying problems of my eyes have not gone worse since using it.  As I still remained skeptical about eye creams, I would say this eye cream is not a bad option.

I am currently testing out two products by Nivea - Vital Soja Anti-age spot concentrate and Vital Extra Nourishing Day Cream.  Both of which are quite a rich product, especially the day cream so I would only use this during Autumn/ Winter.  But having said that, it is still relatively warm in Hong Kong, I don't find the cream leaving a too heavy feeling on my skin and is rather easily absorbed by my skin.  As there are some freckles on my cheekbone areas and there are more of them and the colouration is certainly getting darker over the summer - the uber strong sun in HK is so damaging to the skin.  I have been using this anti-age spot concentrate for roughly around a month of time and I do notice a gradual difference - those freckle marks are fading gently - although I am not sure if it's due to the sun is playing a hide-and-seek game recently or due to this product - could be a bit of both but I'm definitely happy with the result I have seen so far.

What skincare héros are you relying on in the morning?  Have you used any of these products before?

No comments:

Post a Comment