Monday 18 May 2015

SUMMER BEAUTY ESSENTIAL





In where I live,  summer has arrived for a long time it's so darn hot. One little move even indoor I'm all sweating.

Wearing makeup is still happening most days as I do love putting on products that I like to make myself look a little more presentable.

As it's so hot I do like to keep things simpler than I would normally in cooler days so I have switched things up a little bit. 

A good SPF base is a must. Clinique even better anti-pollution city block has a SPF 40, not only it's great for preventing those sun damage. It's great when people like myself who live in a big and polluted city, something that acts as a barrier to filter out those stubborn dirt had polluted air from your face sounds like an absolute good friend to keep over the next few months. As this sun protection base offers a little bit of skin tone evening out function, it's great to use on its own even on a san makeup day.  

On days when I want to look that little bit more put together, I reach for the L'Oreal True Match foundation. All the hype around it is worth all the while. This foundation has such a sophisticated finish. The formulation is thin and close to feel like a watery texture. It's so easy to blend using both a brush or fingers. It's buildable so you can completely forget about using concealer afterwards, yet it gives such a dewy finish it's not thick or cakey at all. I would totally recommend this foundation for the summer.  

Those eye shadows can crease and disappear with sweats and oil secreted from those eye lids. So, on hotter and warmer days I pay extra attention on applying an eye primer to keep those lovely eye shadows in place. by Terry hyaluronic eye primer is a beigey colour eye base that helps eye shadows adhere to the eyelids it's also great in correcting discolouration in that department. It's also brilliant that it contains hyaluronic acid which is great for hydrating those eyelids that could go very dry when staying in air conditioned area for too long, and this is especially great for places in Hong Kong!

These days I love using my NYX merci beaucoupe eye shadow palette, especially those golden shades that are so easy to use to create a golden goddess look and instantly gives your face a pick-me-up.

How can I not talk about a summer appropriate blusher? This new duo intensity blusher by Nars is amazing. It can be used dry or wet. I prefer to wet my brush slightly and swirl it across the two colours and buff it onto my cheeks. It gives such a fantastic sheer of colour and has this cheek highlighting effect it's unbelievable! Wearing it wet is so much better and makes your face look much more dimensional. 

Finally I cannot finish talking by adding a few of my favourite nail polishe colours for this summer. I'm normally a pink/ purple nail polish colour wearer but something about those pastel blue and green shades that really have got me happy and addictive in choosing them. And a neon pink is just perfect when you just want to brighten up your outfit. It works especially well if you love wearing a white tee with a pair of blue ripped jeans and a pair of sandals.

What's your summer essentials? Have you started preparing your beauty stash and wardrobe for it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment