Tuesday 20 May 2014

The very natural looking base for warmer weather


Hello all, I'm back and I'm sorry I've disappeared for a while.  Possibly the longest I have been idled from my blog since it's inception last year!  Before I dwelled into the nitty gritty of a recent favourite beauty product, let me give you guys a quick and brief update of where I have been.

I'm officially back in London, hooray!  For those of you who read my blog, you'd know that I relocated to Hong Kong last September with my hubby.  So what made me return?  Lots of reasons of course, but the main one is that I'm expecting a baby!  Wow!  It feels better to give birth in London so that's why I've made a return to this beautiful city!  Nothing seems to have changed since I left 9 months ago.  I mean, some-thing has changed but it feels right to be back!  Anyway, so I shall be blogging from London for a while, and perhaps a few baby related posts will start creeping in.  P.S. I haven't really started baby shopping properly yet but if you have any tips you want to share with me, please feel free to do so here, or tweet me @beautyorbread.

So, enough of my recent update; let's move onto something I have really been enjoying using lately.  Since reuniting with my sister @forksandbrushes, I have the joy of helping myself to try out a few different bits that she has added to her ever growing makeup collection,  that I didn't get the chance to when I was in Hong Kong.  The L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint (£9.99 ) is one of them, I looked high and low, and it just wasn't available in Hong Kong!  The main reason why I wanted to try this is because I've heard that this is a dupe for Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation (£35.5 ), and with such a purse-friendly price for the L'Oreal one, obviously I'm going for what's cheaper! 


Just like other drugstore branded base products, it comes in a limited 6 shades.  I use the one in #110 warm ivory which has got a bit of a yellow undertone but is pale enough for my skin complexion, I say it is almost a perfect colour match to my skin.

It comes in a small frosted glass bottle which makes the packaging so lux, I think, and it looks so cute, too!  The only downside in terms of the design of the packaging is that, it hasn't got a pump or a proper dispenser, so pouring out the products inside the bottle can be a bit of a messy act, and potentially waste more products.  The above picture shows roughly the amount of product needed for my entire face, which isn't bad I think considering the size of my face!


My sister did warn me of the very watery texture before I used it but I hadn't realised until I poured it out, it is soooooooo watery, it's almost like pouring out foundation liquid!  I haven't tried anything quite similar to this texture.  I loved using my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation which is a water-based foundation but this is probably 10 times more watery I feel.  So, using my fingers to apply this is the best way!

It's really easy to apply, no harsh blending or anything, it smoothens out on the skin really easily.  Just like what it says on the bottle, 'Fresh Feel Foundation, Weightless Bare Perfection',  The finish of this foundation is exactly like that.  Even though it's such a light textured foundation, it offers a light coverage, not buildable though.  At first I thought it wouldn't be enough to cover up some of my blemishes but actually, after applying it all over my face, it managed to even out my complexion, in exchange I feel that I didn't need extra concealing, you can if you want to.  This would be a perfect foundation for a good skin day but if you just have a little bit of imperfection on the skin that you don't mind them showing through, this foundation would be perfect to give that natural finish.  However if you are looking for a perfect cover up, I wouldn't recommend this to you.


As the weather gets warmer, well it did in the past few days in London; but I thought this would be a perfect foundation to wear in warmer months.  One more thing to mention is that, this foundation is really hydrating, even for me as a very dry skin girl, there's no flakiness on the skin even after wearing it for 6+ hours.  It doesn't give a dewy or matte finish either, it's a very neutral type of foundation that gives a healthy complexion to the skin.

Is this something you have tried and had the same result?  Would you fancy trying something like this?

2 comments: