Tuesday 4 March 2014

A few things I learnt from allure (March Edition)


It's not often I pick up an allure magazine on a regularly basis. Reason being it's not the easiest-to-reach magazine in shops. However there's no excuse from now on! As I know exactly where to get hold of one in Hong Kong, albeit I have to travel for 7 underground stops to buy one. I'm going to make a monthly trip to do this though! 
To mark my new beauty resolution, I wanted to make a debut blogpost on what I've learnt from allure, starting from the March 2014 edition. 

As I flicked through the pages in allure, one thing that really struck a chord with me is the rich colour on almost every page.  It's colourful, from pastel pink, yellow, green to some darker shades of purple and glittery grey.


How about trying to go out of your comfort zone by wearing brighter lips?



Orange, pink and purple, they might sound a little difference to your usual nude/ beige, 'my lips but better' shades; they would certainly help injecting some colours to your routine daily makeup look to give people a fresher spring look!


If you want to keep your lips neutral, perhaps you can do something different to your eyes?  The Beauty Reporter from allure recommends some pink shadows, how about that?  I know a lot of people shy away from pink because they think it's not the most flattering shade for your eyes but for a colourful spring season to come, it's time to switch it up?


Radiant Orchid (purple) has been selected as Pantone Colour of the Year 2014.  Purple is my favourite colour and I'm definitely going to try some of these out.  L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow is a great product, not only they are pretty and of good quality, they are completely affordable and the colour pay off is extremely good with a very easy to blend quality!

With this season, one of the the major trends is to rock some winged eyeliner, this daring look will be great for those not-very-girly girls!

I'm glad that the makeup world is once again embracing the quintessential Classic Smoky Eyes look. A few tips I picked up from allure is that you need some good concealer for a clean under eye area, a good eyeliner pencil for a sharp eyeliner to frame those eyelids, some great eye shadow brushes for blending those much needed darker shades of eyeshadow.  A good mascara to add some volume to those eyelashes to really open up those eyes.


If you think an intense smoky eye look isn't quite the thing for you, you might want to take tips from the variations on a class smoky eye from allure to still be rocking the trend!



Things on the fashion side of things isn't quiet either, floral, monochrome, stripey tops and bottoms, accessories and some big statement necklaces are also great ways to make your own personal fashion statements when you are strutting down the street.


If you like to be the quieter girl who is less keen to make that of a statement, perhaps a water colour, soft pastel shades are the ones for you!



Time to go shopping for Spring?

You can pick up March's edition of allure from great food hall, Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment