Saturday 25 January 2014

Nail Polish Dupe: Dior vs Kiko


Who doesn't love a bit of extravagant nail polish?  But every time when I make a purchase of a nail polish which costs more than a tenner, my heart sinks and would just go back to a drugstore nail polish the following time.

The other day, I struggled to establish a connection with any of the nail polishes that I have, aka. didn't know which colour to wear.  I decided to pick a nude shade, and one that I haven't worn in a while.


I picked the nail lacquer by Kiko in the shade #220 Satin Beige.  I remembered I fell in love with it the first time I applied it - a beige/ nude colour that flatters my slightly olive skin tone on my hands, and at the same time it's got some very fine glitter that runs through it.


It also dries quick and lasts well.  I normally apply 2-3 coats to get that more opaque finish (to my taste) but less sometimes can be more if you want a more sheer finish.


The finish is natural, elegant and very easy to wear and it goes with any outfits that you are carrying that day.  One of the highest quality nail polishes I have tried and with that price tag (£3.50), it really cannot go wrong.



As I was wearing it, it reminded me instantly of the Diorific Vernis Nail Polish by Dior that I purchased before Christmas.  I was attracted by the very cute golden vintage rounded bottle.  I picked #318 Frimas which is a nude shade.




Similar to Kiko's, Diorific in Frimas has some really fine glitters that run through it which gives a really subtle sparkly finish when painted on the nails - enough to take you through from day into the evening!

Kiko's satin beige has more of an orange undertone whereas Diorific Frimas has a more greyish pink to the nude shade.  Strictly speaking the colours are identical but I dare you, once you tried both; you would be like me, to be reminded of either when using one of these.

How about trying both or one of these dependent on your budget?

Kiko Nail Lacquer  £3.50

Diorific Vernis nail polish by Dior  £20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment