Sunday 19 January 2014

2013 Creme De La Mer Awards: Makeup Part 2



If you have missed Part 1 of the 2013 Creme De La Mer Awards, Makeup, you can click here to reveal which products have made the cut!


The Best Bronzer
As I became a little more adventurous with my makeup, I found myself slowly picking up bronzers to sweep over my face.  I don't use bronzers to add colours to my face to create that sun-kissed look but I like to use it to give my face a little structure that it needs, mainly to give it some cheek-bones.



Nars Laguna has immediately made it to my number one bronzer's favourite, even though I only started using it back in November (so, there, I cheated a little bit).

I tried a few others such as Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder which I like as it's quite a light bronzing colour so I can build it up to however much I like it to be.  But nothing beats Laguna, lightly dab on the pan with an angle brush, a few sweeps and strokes on the face, I can see my cheek bones looking more prominent. 

The Best Highlighter




The best highlighter ever has to be the highlighting shade from the Chantecaille Coral Reef Palette.  As you can see I have so hit pan on this, and it's been really truly well loved by me.

It's not shimmery at all which I discovered I like the best in a highlighter.  Come on, you don't want to look like a disco ball at the end of the day, do ya?  I don't think Chantecaille does this shade in a single shadow - I'm currently rationing this and am searching for the next best thing.

The Best Blusher(s)




This has got to be my most category of makeup to choose just ONE winner.  Blusher is my number one favourite makeup product, and for me to have to choose just one is harder than completing an university degree!  So, I'm going to cheat here, I'll choose one powder blusher, and a creamy one.

The Best Cream Blusher goes to...... Chanel Le Blush Creme De Chanel Cream Blush.  


I have this in the colour, Inspiron which is a baby pink shade.  I love that it's so versatile that it goes with absolutely every looks that I tried to pull - an au natural or a little more daring smokey eye looks.  It's not the most pigmented cream blush on the market but that's good, because I can build it up slowly to the intensity of colour that I like.  I like to apply this using a Real Techniques' Stippling Brush.

The Best Powder Blusher goes to.......Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic Blusher, which I have it in the colour Love is the drug.  


I love the dark chocolate brown coloured packaging, and it's so compact as well.  The mirror that comes with it made it a very handy mirror case, too if you need it on the go.  This blusher is composed of two shades of colour which is rather innoative!  The outer circle is a paler pink which you swirl it round with your favourite blusher brush to give your cheek a 'base colour', if you want to intensify the look, then you dab your brush in the inner circle and there you have it, 'pop' your cheek with this brighter and darker shade.  Even though I don't use this on a daily basis, I save it for special occasions, especially for the evening; or when I know I'll be out all day as the colour stays put pretty well.

The Best Eyebrow Pencil




Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil this stuff is good, ya know what I'm saying?  This is my second pencil and I'm still loving it.  It's definitely my staple eyebrow pencil, I go back to it after having tried out others.  It's such a false-proof eyebrow pencil, I cannot imagine how anyone's brows would go wrong if they use this.

The Best Lip Product

I'm not an adventurous person when it comes to lip products, contradictory though, I own more than 20 lip products.  I'm more of a fan of the nude, peachy shades, 'my lips but better' shades are the colours that I would normally go for.   Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector has made the cut. 



Here's why, I love love love how hydrating it is for my very dry, chapped and sometimes flaky lips (no matter how much I care about them - scrub and moisturise).  Whilst this lip perfector hydrates my lips, they add a wave of light pink colour (my lips but better colour that I talked about like 5 seconds ago).  It smells so nice as well, like a sweet marshmallow scents.  All in all, it ticks ALL the boxes for me.

Thank you so much for staying tuned with me till the end of the Makeup Awards.  The Skincare and Nails awards will be to follow..... come back to share my favourites soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment