Friday 22 November 2013

H&M Pop-Up Store in Hong Kong


I happened to be in Causeway Bay area yesterday and saw this signpost: H&M Popup store. Wow I made a mental note that I had to visit here today.

For those who are less familiar with Causeway Bay Area, it is situated in Hong Kong Island (in rough, Hong Kong is made up of 3 parts: Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and The New Territories). I would say its similar to Covent Garden in London. It's got its quirky spots with little boutiques and more exquisite designers' brands making their marks in the area. 

Enough of geography, let's move onto the Popup store itself.


It's set up on Kingston Road, trendy is all I would say; nice location. The store is popped up between 15-24 Nov, so if you happen to be in the area in the next 2 days; definitely go and check it out.


As soon as you walk into the store, you are greeted by a big Christmas wheel and it's very nice and sparkly! It's starting to feel a lot more like Xmas!

On the first floor it stocks all the ladies' clothing, mainly clothes with only a few pieces of jewellery.  A small selection of handbags and other accessories at the back of the store. On the second floor, once you arrive you are greeted with a table full of boiled sweets (now I think back I think the theme of the store is amusement park?!) and it's mainly a world for men but with a small section still has women's clothes.

I haven't seen most of the clothes available in the popup store in other H&M stores. In the end I bought a check & floral pattern chiffon type of material blouse.


I have been to quite a few popup stores in my lifetime, J Crew's one being the most breath taking one! Is this one worth going? Hm... If you were a fan of H&M I would say yes, do; you've got to!  

I think the concept is hugely exciting but it could do with more USP, like featuring limited edition pieces exclusively available in this period of the popup store....

Are you tempted? If you've been to this popup store, I want to hear from you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment