Saturday 19 October 2013

What's been emptied?


A good thing about going on a shopping ban or should I say launching a restricted shopping habit means that more products are getting used up.  Recently, I saw 7 of my skincare/ beauty products had been truly well loved.


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - I did a review in my August Favourites so I'm not going to talk about this again in too much details.  I first bought the taster kit, fell in love with it then purchased the full size version, and later finished this.  I loved using this so much, the creamy formula managed to dissolve the very last bit of any makeup that I couldn't remove totally.  The muslin cloth helps to exfoliate any dead skin on my face.  I used this as part of my evening skincare routine, I found my skin looking clearer, and more supple.

Eucerin AQUAporin Active moisturising cream (Rich) - A tried and tested product which I gave a full review on my blog previously.  This little tube of cream contains 40ml of product but has lasted me a good 4 months of usage.  I used it day and evening, a tiny amount was enough to inject the moisture that I needed.  A word of advice though, when I used this in London where the weather was much cooler and less humid (even though in the hotter months that we had this summer), I found that the formula not greasy at all even it is the rich moisturising cream I used.  However when I used this after I relocated to Hong Kong, I found it a little too rich especially on the 2 weeks when it was really humid here.  I would, may be give the 'light' version a go later.


The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover - I must have loved it so much because you can read yet another full review here

Sanoflore Micellar cleansing droplets - I bought this on my trip to Paris in the summer.  I was so excited to shop in French Pharmacies and was determined to pick out something like a makeup remover there.  I have to say I wasn't too impressed by this.  I chose this based on its packaging (silly mistake!), price range (under £10 mark), it claims it's for face and eyes (handy!), it's tested on sensitive skin (my skin type) and contains no paraben.  It seems to have ticked all the boxes.  I wouldn't recommend using this to remove eye makeup as you would end up feeling quite frustrated.  I tend to wear quite light makeup, or even if I would wear smokey eye looks, it would be quite a soft one but this wasn't enough to remove that.  So I used the rest to remove makeup that I had on my face which worked fine.  It has a nice and mild floral fragrance, it doesn't irritate my eyes.  See... I wasn't excited by this, I wouldn't repurchase this.


Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil (Brownie Points) - I'm already using my second pencil of this.   I love love loved using this eyebrow pencil.  It has two ends - shaping pencil and a brow tint brush; but I only use the shaping pencil.  I loved the shade of brown (light but not too light that it wouldn't look awkward with my darker hair colour but matches with my fair complexion).  I love how soft the pencil is but at the same time it is very easy to control when I filled in my eyebrow.  The colour stays put really well and doesn't fade away.  If your eyebrows are easy to manage, this eyebrow pencil fits in the category of  'fill 'em in and you are go to go'.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector - I did a comparison of blemish treatment products on here.  This is by far, the best spot treatment cream I have used and suited almost perfectly for my sensitive and dry skin.  I learnt that with treating spots, you really have to be patient.  I found that my spots heal much better, and leaving less prominent scars, aftermath.  Slapping on a thick layer of this cream on the area you needed, you go to sleep then the next day you notice that the spot is a little bit calmer.  It takes about a week (5-7 days) for the whole cycle from start to finish.  It sounds a little slow but when you have sensitive skin like me, you don't want anything too strong, too potent to damage your skin, e.g. salicylic acid which can be too much for sensitive skin to take.

Laura Mercier creme de pistache hand creme  - each year before Christmas, Laura Mercier has some exciting xmas giftset launch.  I got this hand cream last christmas which came in a set of 4 handcream (£20 for a set, as opposed to £13 a tube) (pistachio, fresh fig, almond coconut cream and creme brulee).  The creamy texture moisturises your hands like no tomorrow, it leaves your hands feeling soft and hydrated rather than greasy!  Laura Mercier body and hand cream products feel so luxury, perhaps this can be a treat for yourself?

What have products have you finished up recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment