Friday 11 October 2013

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint Review


Liz Earle is most famous for its Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleasner because it is a product which has received all the hype all these years.  It seems like people of all ages who have used it found it equally good and suitable for their skins.  I have recently become a new fan (I was wowed by her signature hot cloth cleanser!) and have decided that this is one of the best facial cleansing products I have tried.  But today, I want to share with you a less talked about product in Liz' makeup line: Sheer Skin Tint.

I got my hands on this Sheer Skin Tint as a complimentary gift (worth £21) when I bought its Essential Cleansing Set (Hot Cloth Cleanser, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Moisturiser).  I wasn't expecting anything but I thought of it as a brilliant complimentary gift.  When I tried it on the first time, I was totally amazed by it!


 This Sheer Skin Tint is available in 4 shades and I chose the lightest shade in #01 Bare which matches my skin perfectly.  It contains SPF 15 which is always handy to provide extra sun protection to your skin.  The packaging is nothing fancy but a dark blue plastic squeezy tube which is handy to get the product out.  You have to shake the bottle before squeezing out the product as it is quite a watery texture (it reminds me of Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere Foundation) despite the description of the product on the website says it's a rich and creamy texture; it is definitely a very lightweight formula.


Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint Only
 Blending this Sheer Skin Tint on the skin is extremely foolproof.  Fingers is your best tool when it comes to applying this product. It provides a light coverage and a transparent and dewy finish to the skin.  I think this formula is especially suitable for dry skin type because of the radiant and moisturising finish and texture.  I have worn this for quite a number of times and each wear lasted for at least 6 hours and the performance of the Sheer Skin Tint has been impressive as it doesn't make my skin greasy.  It has definitely lived up to the standard of a good tinted moisturiser as opposed to a bb cream.  It sits on your skin like you have never put anything on but transformed your skin at the tip of your fingers.


It does give such a healthy glow and natural finish to my skin and a great product to provide a (near) perfect and flawless base.  I wore a bit of the Maybelline Eraser Foundation Concealer (in light) for my under eye areas, round the nose and on any areas I wanted a little bit more cover up to even out skin tone.

It's also worth mentioning that when I wore this in London, I felt that the formula was moisturising enough to keep my face hydrated, especially round my nose area.  I have been reluctant to wear this in Hong Kong since I came back 3 weeks ago because the weather in here is so humid and hot.  Until this week I have finally given this another whirl to test out how it reacted to the humid weather.  I found it slightly greasy on the face but this is not because of the product itself, it's mostly because of the weather.  I'd suggest that this is to be worn in cooler months in drier climate, that way you can benefit from what this product would suppose to do.

Have you tried this before?  What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment