Friday 4 October 2013

Autumnal makeup platter


It's still pretty warm in Hong Kong (well at least to me it is!) but I can't help but wanting to create a autumnal evening look for myself last week when I met up with a girlfriend.  Do excuse the condition of my skin - thanks to the stress caused by relocation and the weather my body is adjusting to.

Autumnal Makeup Look 2013

To create this look, I needed a few products to prep for a flawless base.  Since moving to Hong Kong, Clinique's Super City Block SPF 40 has become my everyday staple product.  Not only does it create a shield for my skin to protect against the strong sunlight, it also specifically provides a block from all the air pollution I might be exposed to - I definitely needed this living in Hong Kong.  As this was an evening look I wanted something that provides a bit more coverage whilst giving a natural finish, of course my trusted base has to be the Veil Fluid Makeup by hourglass.  Every time when I wear this I'm wowed by how good a coverage this gives but offers such a transparent and dewy finish to my skin - a complete 'wake me up' product!  

Other base products used (concealing):



For my eyes, I experimented a little bit more with my Charlotte Tilbury's colour coded eyeshadow palette in Dolci Vita.  This quad has some perfect darker nude colours which is great for an autumnal smokey eye look.  I love also the shimmery goldie brown shade which makes my eyes 'pop', great for an evening sparkle for those tired eyes.

The quad serves duo purpose for a warm colour tone makeup look, which is great for both a natural look but if you want to intensify the effect, you can also do so to create a heavy smokey eye look.  I went for a more natural toned look.

There isn't a day I wouldn't use my Kiko Precision Eye Pencil.  I simply cannot rave this eye pencil enough, it's soft but not too soft that you can hardly draw a perfect eyeline.

Moving onto lashes!  My goodness, I wish I discovered the Diorshow Heat Curler for lashes earlier - although I wouldn't say it changed my life, it certainly has made a difference to my lashes.  This product is very safe and easy to use.  A few sweep/ comb through my lashes when it's heated up, then curling my lashes like usual - I could see my lashes looking a lot more curler and much easier to curl.  I'm rather addicted to my L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Infinite Length Effect Mascara (Waterproof) which says what it says on the tin - lengthen my lashes!  Since I did my eye makeup using the Charlotte Tilbury's eyeshadow quad, I thought it makes sense to also apply her Full Fat Lashes mascara.


For my cheeks, instead of going for a blusher product; I opted for a cult product by hourglass, the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light.  I found it a little too pink for me if I used this either all over my face or as a highlighter, so one day I applied this on the apple of my cheeks and found it worked amazingly well.  It highlights my cheeks by giving it a contour to my face whilst lifting the colour of my face because of its soft champagney pink colour.  I also contoured my face using Body Shop's honey bronze bronzing powder and giving my face a little warmth to complement with my eye makeup.





It wouldn't be a completed autumnal nude look if I didn't paint my lips with hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo. I loved how my face turned out to be quite pale but remained sharp and uplifted!


I hope you like this look!  What autumnal makeup have you been rocking these days?  Will you add any of the above products I used to your beauty stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment