Friday 23 August 2013

Prague Drugstore Haul





As you know I went away in Prague for a few days for my summer break this year.  Apart from enjoying the beautiful scenery in Prague, eating loads of yummy food and drinking some famous Czech beer in good quality and quantities; I didn't forget to check out the beauty world in Prague, in fact it was the most important thing on my 'to-do' list.  I went to Sephora and did a bit of damage to my poor bank account, you can check out here for details.

Before I left for Prague, I did a little bit of research of the local drugstore must-get brands and on my list, there were a few: Balea, Dermacol, Essence.  I wasn't picky about specific products I wanted to get so it was pretty much a spontaneous process of what I bought in the end. I was extremely excited to find all these brands and managed to buy a number of things from each brand.  I haven't tried out everything yet but for those products I tried, I am really pleased about the quality.  

First up, Dermacol; which is an original Prague cosmetics brand started back in 1960s.  Not only do they do cosmetics products, they offer a wide range of skincare products, too.  When I went into every single drugstore, department stores, and at duty free in the airport in Prague; I could see Dermacol everywhere.  


After my love affair with a number of makeup remover namely Bioderma Micellar Water, Taaj Micellar Water and a recent favourite L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution, what a great opportunity to pick up Dermacol's Makeup remover for sensitive eyes.  The Gold Elixir Hand Cream caught my eyes because it says it contains Caviar Extract.  It seems something very special that I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up one of these.

Since the hype of Maybelline baby lips is extremely crazy and is almost sold out in every single drugstore that I looked at in London.  When I saw this baby lips look-alike, I think it's called Love Lip Balm, the very sweet and cute heart shape lip balm itself is soooooooo attractive - I'm so glad I picked one of these up.  It also contains SPF 15 which is a big plus, and that it smells really fruity like passion fruit just makes it that much more special.

As a blusher junkie, I picked up this duo blusher which contains two shades.  The packaging isn't anything to shout about but the pattern on the pan itself is rather pretty.  I wore it once and it's just about the right level of pigmentation and stays put a good 4 hours - as a drugstore brand I think that's pretty good!



I'm hard to please when it comes to mascaras.  This is because of my painfully short eyelashes so I look for a dramatic finish in mascaras.  I am not sure what to expect yet from this Dermacol Obsesion Mascara for Volume and Length I just wanted to pick this up and give it a try.

Nail polishes are an easy trap to fall into whenever I am in a drugstore in London so there was no exception when I saw these Dermacol nail polish.


I found Essence, too but I am not entirely sure if they are original Czech brand as they seem to be an American brand.  Nonetheless as it is not available in London so I was so excited to see them.

I love the little bottle of these nail polishes, sometimes too big a bottle is a bit overwhelming as I don't know how long it would take for me to finish any bottle before they get 'glupy' and end up being a waste.  These little bottles look like nail polish by Bourjois.  I have worn both colours for a number of times and have absolutely loved them.  The brush is a flat brush and the formula of these nail polishes are thick and give a gel-like finish.  Not only they dry really quickly, they don't chip easy at all.  I am extremely pleased about these, and I would have loved to get a few more colours but seeing my ever growing nail colour collection at home; I'd better be a bit more disciplined.

As I was so impressed by the nail polishes, I made a second visit to the drugstore and picked up two other nail care products: the gel-look top coat and a nail oil for cuticle.

Balea is a German brand available in Prague.  My knowledge in German cosemetic and skincare brands is rather limited to Eucerin only but I have had great results from using their products.  When I saw this eye roll-on tube (I think it worked out around £2.50 only!), I thought cool I would give it a try.  If you have tried these on or other products by Balea, let me know what you think of them!



When I saw the Maybelline counter, I was trying to see if they stock any baby lips but they didn't.  However my attention turned to these Colour Whisper lipsticks.  I picked up one of these because of the difference in packaging we have back in London.  I haven't tried it on yet but the slimmer packaging just made me really want to own one of these!


I don't think I've gone too crazy in the drugstore department but I am so so so excited about picking up all these goodies and am really looking forward to diving right deep into every single product to give them a really good try.  

Apart from Prague drugstores, I also went to Sephora (yay!) and have bought a few things, too.  So watch this space I will share with you all what I have bought.

So, has any of you tried any of the above products?  What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of the things you bought, but they look great!

    If you haven't picked up the Babylips yet, I saw a very full stock at the Boots in Liverpool Street rail station today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O wow thanks for letting me know! I'll drop by at Liverpool street station next week so I'll definitely check it out. Last time I was there I was rather lost by the amount of 'full stock' by each brand in that Boots! amazing!

      Delete