Monday 5 August 2013

Confession of a blusher junkie #2: YSL creme de blush vs Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush

Hi, I am Cynthy, I have an addiction of owning all the blushers in the world.

I want to continue with the second part of my confession of a blusher junkie series, this time I found another dupe for a YSL creme de blush which I picked up at the Selfridges sale back in June.  You can click here to read my first part confession.


YSL has got some great products going on with them: Touche Eclat and Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation, or their Glossy Stain Lip Stain.  I'm more drawn to YSL as a brand because of all the hypes these beauty products received and in turn it increased my eagerness to try out their products.  The gold colour themed luxurious packaging that they use also makes their products stand out in the crowd.

After the success of identifying a dupe for Dior's latest product, Diorblush Creme blush; I figured I won't just stop there.  I went through my blush collection and spotted these two:


I saw my Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush, I was instantly convinced that this is a dupe for my YSL Creme de Blush.  I explored and tested them further and was convinced they are sisters.

First thing first, let's have a little study around the YSL Creme de Blush.


The packaging, it is to die for!  It looks like a little ice-cube with a gold square cap with YSL logo printed on it.  It is also very light in weight so it is great for travelling.  As I have been using it so it looks slightly messy on the picture.  I normally would use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush and dab it directly onto the product before working it on my face.  Nevertheless, the product looks like a mousse which makes one want to eat it (don't!).  It also feels very creamy to touch.  It is pigmented but it doesn't stain your skin like other cheek stain.  It dries to a powder texture which may not be everyone's cup of tea but I didn't mind.  You can build up the intensity of the pink colour.  It is a pale rosy pink colour which is perfect if you are looking to add some 'healthy colour' to your cheeks!  P.S. I'm not entirely sure of the name of the colour, it could be Fard A Joues.



Now, onto Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush.  This is a product which has received A LOT of in the bloggersphere.  I waited for a long enough before I gave in and snapped it up.  It was purely because of the rubbish packaging that this cream blush comes with.


It's very small and compact which is good but the plastic cap design..... Max Factor I think you can do a better job than this.  Although if a product is great, one should look beyond the packaging.

I picked up the colour soft pink #12, which seems to be the most wearable colour and the most popular one.  It comes in 4 different colours.

This cream blush is quite sticky to touch when you use your finger to smear it.  It dries as a cream blush (i.e. it doesn't dry to a powder form).  I'd say this is slightly more pigmented than the YSL creme de Blush but they are equally easy to blend.

I took the picture directly below the sun, and you can see that Max Factor creamy blush comes out quite a bit more shinier and glossier than the YSL Creme de Blush.


Probably if you have dry skin, the Max Factor creamy blush is a better option for you to give that dewy cheek finish.  Whereas the YSL Creme de Blush, as it dries to a powder finish which can matify oily skin, so a better option for you if you don't like a dewy finish.

You can say that YSL Creme de Blush is slightly pinker than Max Factor creamy blush as you build it up.  But then Max Factor creamy blush is a slightly stickier one which bounds light off so the final colour pay off may be less pink than the YSL Creme de Blush.

One of the other downside of both products is that they both don't stay put as well as some other blushers I have used.  Generally speaking, they last for around 3 hours then I'd look like I haven't put any blusher on my cheeks.  So a touch up is for sure if you plan to wear it all day long.

Let's finally talk money, obviously there is a huge difference.  YSL Creme de Blush costs a shocking £29 (I picked mine up at the sale for £19), for this price you can buy 5 Max Factor Creamy blush as each costs only £4.99!

I cannot tell you which one I'd rather buy.  As they are SO similar, almost like twins.  If you are on a budget then Max Factor creamy blush is definitely your answer.  If you want to treat yourself to something very special and classy, YSL Creme de Blush is your best friend.

So.... Max Factor or YSL?

No comments:

Post a Comment