Tuesday 30 July 2013

July Favourites


I thought it was about time I did a post on my monthly favourites as I have never did one yet.  This month I have been loving a few summer appropriate products that I want to share with you.

The weather in the UK has been absolutely brilliant, out of this world in July.  I don't remember the last time we've ever had such an amazing summer!  Every day the temperature goes up to the high 20c and for many days it soared up to the 30c marks, impressive!

Makeup wise has been kept to a minimal especially for my base.  My skin is still healing and all that jazz so I do still need a bit of coverage.

I'm so pleased I purchased Diorskin Nude BB Creme.  It saved my face on days when I feel like wearing a foundation is a bit too much.  The texture really is one of its kind as a BB creme as I was never impressed with any BB cream that I have used in the past.  The formula is extremely hydrating.  It gives you the light coverage that one needs, it's not really a buildable base as such as it is really light.  It keeps your skin looks like your own skin but better.  I can see myself wearing it for the rest of August if we are still blessed with sunny and hot weather!


For my eye makeup although I have made a bit more of an effort this month but I remain lazy, so Kiko's long lasting stick eyeshadow  has become my go-to eye colours.  I have the shade #28 which is a very pale nude colour which comes out as a pearly white on the eyes.  I would either use it as an eye primer or wear it on its own to brighten my eyes a bit.  It's a lovely product which the application is ever so easy and it stays put well.  I am definitely going back to get some more colours of this eyeshadow stick.

I was once a fan of Bioderma Micelle Solution for removing my makeup but because of the price tag, I was on the search for a more economical alternative, you can have a read here to see what I've tried.  Then it wasn't long ago until I discovered L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution (£3.33).  I think I can safely say it's a dupe for Bioderma Micelle Solution but it's a fraction of the price.  It removes makeup highly effectively, even for waterproof mascara.  It doesn't dry my skin out nor does it irritate my eyes.  As we speak I'm already on my second bottle and am ready to stock up a few more soon!

Since June I have been practising a lot on contouring my face (getting those cheekbones out on my chubby face!), mainly using my Face Contour Kit by Sleek (in shade Light) then teamed up with the Crown Angel Blush Brush that I bought at IMATS to contour my face has made me as a contouring virgin slowly becoming an expert!  I love how the Angle Blush Brush is slightly slanted with works perfectly to the hollow part of my face when I contoured.  The contouring powder in the Sleek Face Contour kit is also just the right shade for me, it doesn't end up orange on my pale skin which is just what I want.


Finally, I have been wearing two nail colours interchangeably throughout July (from summer).  One of them is my favourite purple colour by L'Oreal Colour Riche Nails in colour #828 Flahsing Lilac.  I love the shade so much because it isn't a pale pastel colour as too light a pastel colour doesn't flatter my skin at all..... This lilac colour makes me a very happy lady whenever I wear this.


A bit out of my comfort zone and a shade that I don't normally opt for or it doesn't normally look nice is Essie In The Cab-Ana. I love this shade so much it's almost addictive.  It flatters my skin with the oceanic shade of blue/ green combo - such a gorgeous summer colour with a bit of difference on days when I'm bored with the usual pink and purple!

What have you been liking in the month of July?




No comments:

Post a Comment