Friday 3 May 2013

5 High End Lipsticks and Swatches


Recently I have become rather addicted to buying and trying out new lip products, so my lip collections have grown at least by 50%.  I went through it the other day and realised that a small proportion of it is high end lipsticks.  I have 5 of them.  It actually surprised me because I didn't think I have as many as I thought I do.  However I think when it compares to other bloggers, this is only the tip of their lip collection's iceberg.

Top Row: Mac (Viva Glam V)/ Shiseido MaquillageBE213/ YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8 Pink in Confidence
Bottom Row : Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #46 Liberte/ Anna Sui Lip Rouge D #371

Those of us who live in the UK may be much more familiar with MAC, YSL and Chanel and less familiar with the Anna Sui and Maquillage brands.  Both lipsticks I bought from Hong Kong when I was travelling and I'd always like to try out something new (to me) or things that I cannot get that easily back home.  

Lipsticks and swatches

I am always drawn to the lovely packaging of Anna Sui's products, especially this Anna Sui lipstick that I own.  Her products are all intensely scented which made using her products have a very feminine feel to it.  The colour is pale pink and full of glitter.  I think this lipstick I have has been discontinued already as I bought this over 2 years ago.  I don't use it anymore but I'd like to still keep it in my collection because of the pretty packaging.  
Maquillage belongs to one of the ranges of Shiseido.  I don't think it is available in the UK.  I bought this one from Hong Kong in January when I was travelling.  I have never tried any makeup products from them and this brand is very new to me.  I wanted to keep things natural so I chose this pale coral/ blush number.  This supposed to be a lipsticks/ lipgloss 2 in 1 combo, so not only it gives colour but it always gives moisture.  However I didn't find it living up to expectation at all on both pigmentation and moisture.  I don't feel like having put on anything on the lips.  It's a shame because I had higher hope on this product.  Although the colour came out pretty on the swatches.

The MAC lipstick is the only MAC product that I currently own.  I am yet to become a fan of MAC product I don't know why.  This lipstick that I have came with a Christmas edition many years ago.  I don't know how to describe the colour, perhaps a darker blush colour?  I really liked it.  It has a slight hint of toffee scent to it.  It is pigmented, lasting and moisturising.  Perhaps I should try out a few more MAC lip products?


The last two products: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine are definitely my most favourite amongst all the other lipsticks.  Both of them have such elegant packaging, plus the colours are pigmented.  Also they are both very moisturising which is a definite bonus for my dry lips.  The YSL one is slightly on the heavier side whereas the Chanel one has a slim design to it.  Both are amazing!  It makes taking out my lipsticks from my makeup bag when I'm on the go an elegant business!

Have you used any of these before?  What's you take on high end lip products?

No comments:

Post a Comment